The Suit: PicturesAs promised, here are some pictures of the (very nearly) finished projects.
The Tweed Jacket in itself presented no problem. It was based on a Vogue Very Easy pattern V8146, so the lines of the pattern were simple, which made it the perfect pattern to alter.
The lining was the tricky part, because I had to create my own sloper without the cape. It moves quite beautifully, and stays well without the use of chaining the bottom. I may add VERY small shoulder pads, just to reinforce the structure of the garment.
I hated the bow in the back once I put it on, so I designed this beadwork embellishment instead
The Shorts turned out very well, considering how much I had to take the in. I still have to hem them properly.




YOUR VERSION OF OUR V8146 PATTERN LOOKS FABULOUS--ESPECIALLY GREAT FABRIC CHOICE....MAY WE POST YOUR PHOTO AND LINK TO YOUR BLOG ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, Fb.voguepaterns.com.? PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESPONSE TO ME AT valeryp@mccallpattern.com. THANKS.
ReplyDeleteValery Peters