Fun Fur- The Faux Fur Jacket
I found two FABULOUS faux furs while I was in Downtown LA's Fashion district. These will be perfect for the two faux fur pieces I'd like to add to my wardrobe: a shorty "fun fur" jacket, and a luxurious long fur vest.
The shorty jacket is almost done. I used New Look #6120 Teen Wardrobe pattern, which has a varsity jacket pattern. Of course, I altered the pattern! I lengthened the jacket and sleeves by 2", changed from a club(? i think that's what it's called) collar, to an eased rectangular collar. Instead of hook and eye closures (which are impossible to find in this colour, without being prohibitively expense), I used gold plated magnetic snaps! At first I thought that it was a bit of a wacky choice, but I really like the look of it, and it matches the "fun" theme. For the lining, I used a digital camo print charmeuse I found at Joann.com
Here's the result:



No comments:
Post a Comment